East Maddington Primary is a KidsMatter school which provides a mental health and wellbeing framework for primary schools and is proven to make a positive difference to the lives of Australian children.
The program helps schools work with parents and carers, health services and the wider community, to nurture happy, balanced kids.
- The best interests of the children are paramount.
- Respectful relationships are foundational.
- Diversity is respected and valued.
- Parents and carers are recognised as the most important people in children’s lives.
- Parents and teachers support children best by working together.
- Students need to be active participants.
- Schools, health and community agencies work together with families.